1. (NH) What is it about creative writing and storytelling which appeals to you most?
2. (NH) Who would you consider to be some of your biggest writing influences and why?
(LL) There were three teachers I had that really instilled a love of literature and creative writing in me, but I think that's a common thing. People out there that show you what is possible in a certain craft. There were also three books that had a profound impact on my writing and my life:
- The Godfather because it managed to make these really horrible people seem honorable and interesting in an almost "unreliable narrator" kind of way;
- The Count of Monte Cristo because it had such a clearly defined overarching theme;
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn because it was a period piece that really made the era come alive for the reader.
Please refer to this link to purchase a copy of The Men Made of Stone: A New York Story.
To keep up to date with Logan Lo check out his blog.